Friday, January 30, 2009

The power of now....


" Yesterday is history....
Tomorrow is a mystery....
But today is a gift, that's why it is called the "PRESENT"

I really loved this dialogue in the movie "Kung Fu Panda"...

It's so very true, what we have is today, now , the present... A Gift that each one of us possesses...

You know it makes me feel really powerful and so much in control of my life... I am the torchbearer and I am riding the chariot of my life... I can move it to any direction, I desire...

The philosophical facet of my character, makes a quick journey through my past and my experiences and sets before me examples which illustrates this fact. Isn't that what always happens. Whenever, you think of something, the little self within you goes on a quick journey of discovery through your past life and past experiences and retrieves all situations specific to your thought. This strengths your belief in that statement. This is how we start believing...
If we understand this science of believing, we can control our mind to belief in only those facts/statements/convictions which will act as catalyst in our growth and development and brush aside statements/convictions which we know will prove to be detrimental to our growth.
Ultimately, we have to grow... Growth is life... Change is life... We cannot choose to be stagnant and lifeless.

Anyways, coming back to the original point, there are several instances, which I can site in my life as well as others, based on my experiences, what I have seen around; many great decisions are in the flash of a second.. We are in it or out... And latter when we look back, we realize, that instant decision was so much beneficial for us.

Each moment is special, because each moment gives you the power and control to paint your life, to choose the colors, to choose the brushes, the strokes, the picture... everything....

I have always been a bit philosophical.. Since early childhood, I loved reading stories on determination, power, passion and dreams... How people fulfilled their purpose on this planet by following their dreams with passion and determination...
However, understanding the science and art behind their drive has been most interesting part of my voyage within myself.. As and when some truth dawns on my inward eye, I love sharing it out, with others, like me, who have a constant quest for knowledge of the human mind, the most fantastic machine that one can ever imagine... This is the purpose of my blog... I want to see the awakening, within the self.... within each one of us...

Each one of us is a toddler, we learn as we travel this journey of our lives...
Let's start living each moment, believing in the power of "NOW"....Taking each moment as a learning experience that awakens and enlightens us a little more than what we were.

2 comments:

Shailika said...

Your thought is so clear but not everybody's is. Your writing is excellent and the topic is also very significant. It is essential to realise the importance of 'NOW' or else we'll keep regretting later and blaming everybody except ourselves for our failures.

Sunshine said...

Couldnt agree with you more on this.

yes... the power of 'NOW'. Over my better years, I have learnt to live every moment and every day as it is your last, strive to materialise your dreams as you may never get this life again, believe in yourself and the world is for you. Dont regret, instead learn from your past; future cant be perfect so dont spend much time planning, act today and live every moment... thats called life.

PS: I was out on a vacation so couldnt read your article earlier, please excuse the delay :)