Sunday, December 7, 2008

The awakening


I cast a look around me; I feel overwhelmed with what I see...
The world has changed, really beyond imagination.

Some changes have affected us, the people, positively whereas some have proved to be disastrous...

The change which makes me wonder most is the change in our mindsets.Citing the recent terrorist attacks in Mumbai which our country, India, had to combat; things are slowly getting back to normal.

However, what do we define as "NORMAL"?

When will there be a case when our nation will awaken and say "ENOUGH".
How long will we behave like dummies. Something happens, we call our loved ones, see they are fine, feel a bit emotional about the incident for a week or so and then get back to our daily lives.

When will we start feeling the pain of others, our fellow country men? When will we realize that tomorrow we can be one among the innocent people who lost their lives? When will be understand that we need to stand together and act, change our mindsets, awaken us and paint the picture of the world around us, in colors chosen by us, not by "THEM".

Its our country, our lives. We "ARE NOT" puppets in their hands. They can’t choose when we will die and how long we live. They can’t and won’t paint the lives of my country men in blood.

My nation, my India, my county... its mine.

Let's realize this. Let's stop being insensitive and indifferent. Let's not turn a blind eye to what is happening around us.

Some of you may be wondering: What can we do? Our leaders are corrupt. Our nation’s security system is at fault.

Friends, it’s very easy to point fingers. Aren’t we who have selected our leaders, isn’t someone amongst us, who is dishonest? If each one of us changes ourselves, our mindsets, awaken the giant within us and then influence people around us; a day will come, when our entire nation will be alive, not dead; when we can dream of a beautiful tomorrow full of peace and security and not of uncertainty. Where we can say once again: “I AM PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN”.

Friends, let’s start taking up our responsibilities seriously, let’s vote, select best leaders, who are motivated like us, who have big dreams like us, who have unlimited passion like us. Let’s together lead our country on the path of success and abundance.

Let’s begin our journey with Tagore’s below prayer in our minds:

Where the mind is without fear and the head held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is led forward by Thee into ever-widening thought and action;
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake
.
-- Rabindranath Tagore

4 comments:

Shailika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shailika said...

I do not have any words to express my thoughts on this writing, except that, I truly want to be a proud Indian in near future and can go to any extent whatsoever to do so.

Sunshine said...

Hi, a close friend referred me to your blog and I'm glad that she did.

I feel that either we are too used to of violence and bloodshed around us or we dont know how to react. But now, things are changing and I hope for the best.

I hear that Anti-Terror rallies are being held across the country. Muslim clerics are raising their voices to relay the message that Muslims are as much affected as Hindus are so lets not communalise the issue and lets stand together. I'll wait for the day when each one of us remembers that we are Indians before anything else.

Supriya said...

Hi Toddler,

I agree with you that we are a sort of used to violence and terror. It's become something like a monthly event in our country.

I do agree things are changing for better though maybe at a slow pace.

It's great to witness the awakening happening after Mumbai terror attacks. From common man to even film personalities today, are demanding an explanation from our so-called leader,no more than a whole lot of selfish politicians.
I read today that famous personalities like Kareena and Saif,have expressed their disgust at what's been happening in our country.

I am optimistic that we, the common people are finally waking up.

Its never too late for a new beginning. With this optimism and hope, I look at the horizon where I belief a new bright sunny day will dawn when the rays of peace will light our motherland.